Here are a few more questions. This time they’re more on the loss of self:
- Describe a time or a situation when you feel most energized and most like yourself.
- I’ve heard the loss of self that accompanies motherhood described as an “epidemic.” Can you relate to that? If so, how?
- Can you think of a time or place when you felt motherhood stripped you of your identity or sense of self?
- Is there a place where or group with whom that you feel the loss of self more acutely?
- In what ways has motherhood helped shape your identity?