- Publisher: Tommy Nelson
- ISBN: 978-1400228287
Join famous penguins, Edward and Annie, the viral sensations, as they waddle through Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium in this funny and surprising adventure story.
When no one comes to visit the aquarium, penguin pair Edward and Annie wonder, Where did everyone go? This colorful romp through Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium from author Caryn Rivadeneira takes children and their families on an adventure of wonder through the marine world. As Edward and Annie explore the unknown parts of their aquarium home and meet the other wonderfully strange creatures living there, these penguin friends discover that the world is much bigger and more interesting than they ever knew. After much excitement and many surprises, they return to the penguin habitat for the best end to any day: a cozy rest at home.
Edward and Annie teaches 4 to 8-year-olds that
- great discoveries and new friends can come from life’s biggest changes
- the best adventures start with trying something new
- a community is made of individuals who are each different, beautiful, and amazing
In this funny read-aloud picture book, children will
- meet the real-life rockhopper penguins, Edward and Annie, who made a splash on social media
- learn about the other sea animals that live at Shedd Aquarium, including Wellington the penguin and Annik the baby beluga
- have fun learning fascinating science facts during family reading time or as part of preschool and elementary STEM lessons in marine biology
- laugh at the penguins’ curious questions and silly antics
Your family will fall in love with these sweet, energetic penguins as together you discover that the world is a wonderful and surprising place–a place that is even better when explored with a friend by your side!